Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Friday 23 October 2009

Friday!

Good morning girls - now that Mr Blogger has stopped being a pain! First of all I just want to show you a sympathy card I made for one of my elderly customers who has just lost her hysband. Kath was showing us some cards she had made with some new Hero Arts stamps she had bought from The Glitter Pot. So I had to have a look! I didn't have to buy any but of course I did lol!! Since this was for an elderly lady and her family I have kept it very simple.

I embossed a piece of Coredinations whitewash with the script folder and edged it with the same brown I used to stamp the sentiment. I added some pink to the other side of the card....I know it would have been simpler if I had used pink card! I added a piece of white edged with the MS scalloped lace punch and layered the sentiment on top. The flowers were coloured with Promarkers. The sentiment was also edged with a brown memento ink pad.

The next card is one I made following the sketch from the Penny Black Saturday Challenge. Isn't this a cute stamp from Penny Black?
I did this close-up to show that I have embossing on my card for the Whimsy Challenge. I realise now I could have entered the previous card as it has more obvious embossing on it lol!

Can you see my embossing?


The other challenges I am entering are:-
Die Cut Dreams - Winter Wonderland.
Passion for Promarkers -Poppy and Forest Green. (Well how could I resist a challenge when one of the colours is Poppy?)
DP - Bo Bunny Tis the Season.
Nesties, Promarkers, EK Success punches, stickles and DecoArt Snow Writer. Brads from stash.
Since Mr Blogger was being a bit unhelpful earlier this morning I need to go and check out the Totally Gorjuss blog as we are due to post our second challenge today. I hope some of you will want to join us again this week.

I should be back later with my DT card!
Kat xx

14 comments:

  1. The Christmas card is fab, I love the PB image and the sympathy card is very elegant.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Kat - your embossing looks fabulous.

    Thanks for joining in with us at Passion For Promarkers this week.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards Kat
    thanks for joining in this week at PfP and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card kat for your friend and I'm sure she will find great comfort from it....and super cute card for nat's sketch....thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...and yes Mr Blogger was very naughty this morning. Have a great time at the SECC and don't spend too much....what a silly thing to say.
    Big Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat, two gorgeous cards. The sympathy card is gorgeous, they are so difficult to make aren't they? The PB image is so adorable and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fabulous cards Kat. Love the images you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Kat, I love the cute images. thanks for joining us this week at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love those coordinating flowers. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week and good luck.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a sweet image! Beautiful card, thanks so much for joining us at DCD this week

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards, the thinking of you card is beautiful and the Penny Black is just so cute! love the papers x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both fantastic cards! Love the embossing and details on both. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely image. Thank you for joining the DCD challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards Kat and what a sweet PB image.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Thanks for joining in the DCD challenge this week
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.