Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Thursday 1 October 2009

I'm Jinxed!

I'm convinced I'm jinxed today! Yesterday my 5-7pm Tesco home delivery had still not appeared by 8pm so I phoned customer services (very reluctantly) to see what was wrong. When I eventually got a real person she checked and said a van had broken down and had no-one phoned me. I managed not to say would I be phoning her if I knew what was wrong ?- no I kept my temper and remained polite!! To cut a long story short I was put through to Aberdeen, more apologies, a promise to re-schedule for today and I'll get them to phone you back to sort out a time!!!! 15 minutes on phone and another 15 minutes wait for someone to phone back. This morning about the end of the 2 hour slot the driver phoned to say he was still in Aberdeen and would be about half an hour! Turns out he had a puncture first thing. Shopping was more or less ok.... but...and there's always a but isn't there? I didn't notice an unwanted substitution did I? Maybe someone could explain to me why in a store that size (and it is BIG) if they didn't have the decaff coffee I ordered did they send me COFFEE BEANS? And no they were not decaff coffee beans either. Anyway enough ranting and on with today's first card.
I used this lovely simple sketch from Friday Sketchers. I used Promarkers, including two of the new pink shades to colour this lovely Tilda image. The grey DP is from Peppercorn and the pink is from Craft Creations. I distressed some of the edges for the Friday Sketchers challenge. I finished off with jewels and some lovely spotty ribbon from my stash. Nearly forgot I also used a Sakura clear glitter gel pen on her wings - remembered to do it after I had taken a photo so had to retake photo! It's that sort of day. I am also entering the card in the Stamp Something challenge which is looking for a card using a favourite sketch. This sketch is really simple but effective, easily a favourite!
Not sure if I am entirely happy with this card - I feel as if I am having a bit of a clumsy day today!! But I have just received a lovely parcel from Tracy at Dies to Die For so that has cheered me up - 60s Tilda is in it and I have been looking forward to getting her. I'm off now to see if I can get some more useful crafting done. See you later -maybe!
Kat x

9 comments:

  1. WOW!! What a precious card!! Love your image and colors!! :) The layout is so pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh beautiful card, love the colours and papers you've used.

    That's happened to us before with Tesco - van broke down and nobody let us know. The replacements sometimes make us laugh - they once replaced baking potatoes with a watermelon and another time Pav ordered a bottle of coke and they sent lightbulbs as a replacement!!!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card kat...love the image and your colour combo....a big booo to Tesco..bunch of numpties...can you tell I am not a Tesco fan...hugs kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the sweet image and the detail that you have added is perfect! On don't get me started on Tescos home delivery, they once sent me a full size coffee and walnut finest birthday cake, costing £6.99 as a substitute for an 89p slab of coffee and walnut cake.....honestly LOL.
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Kat, I love the soft colours. I've given up on home delivery!
    Enjoy your new goodies.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat this is a beautiful card hun, the papers and image are gorgeous as is your colouring
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Kat, your colour choice is lovely, I love Pink and grey...
    and your ribbon is perfect. I love Magnolia stamp's and wish I had a craft shop near that sell's them as I hate ordering and waiting for stuff.
    Ps.. If I lived closer I would lend you my coffee grinder...lol
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your day gets better!!Pretty card, love simple sketches too, the ribbon you have used lokks gorgeous,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.