Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Monday 5 October 2009

Papertake Weekly

I seem to be making up for my lack of posts over the weekend lol! This is a very quick and simple card I made for the Papertake Weekly challenge using the sketch from Carol's Sketch Fun. Sometimes I like simple. I used some DP from Doodlebug Designs and a stamp from Hero Arts. I think this would be suitable for a sympathy card. It might do for sale at a coffee morning we are having in November. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado and the ribbon is from my stash. I think the image could have been blacker but on the other hand I didn't want it to be too black. Does that make sense?

So now I ought to do some ironing... even though it is my day off. I had lots of fun yesterday even if I did do a lot of ironing for my daughter. She deserves a wee bit of help, it's not a lot of fun working when you're 37 weeks pregnant. Still that was her last day at work today. Hope this baby arrives at a reasonable time and not 12 days late like Poppy. Poppy is so funny now lol! She is not 2 yet but she was treating us to Baa Baa Black Sheep, See Saw Marjory Daw and Twinkle Twinkle and she is a real chatterbox. You don't always know what she is saying, sometimes you have to guess! She loves her dog but I'm not sure how the dog will cope when there are two of them after her, poor Missy.

Off to enter Papertake Weekly:- Black and white and one other colour and Carol's Sketch Fun. Hope to be back tomorrow with something else.

Kat xx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, Thank you so much for playing along with my sketch and you're right the simplicity of the sketch is perfect for a sympathy card...we don't like to make them, but unfortunately they are a necessity

    Hugs
    carol x
    p.s. your GD is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Kat, fab use of your +1 colour! Thanks for playing along with this weeks colour challenge at PTW Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect Kat. and yes it would make a fine sympathy card or get well...
    really elegant and the image is better being a little lighter I think.
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I think the stamp is perfect!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat, this card is so elegant and the stamp is gorgeous!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! Love the layout, and the beautiful image, and love the finishing touch of the dotty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.