Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Thursday 15 October 2009

Totally Gorjuss First DT Card.

Good morning girls. I am so nervous about my very first DT card for Totally Gorjuss. I'm so scared that everyone will think it is awful!! I've had a bit of a problem trying to get a photo of it. It has been very dull here and by the time I get home from work it is pointless to try! On Wednesday afternoon it was nice and bright but I was at a friend's house. Thursday was supposed to be nice but up until this time it has not happened. Then after a couple of unsuccessful piccies my clever clogs camera announced that it's battery was low. Immediate panic lol! Tried in the conservatory and then managed to get one outside before the camera died.


I need an 18th birthday card for my niece so I think this one will be perfect for her. Hope she likes it! I've use one of my favourite Gorjuss Girls available from Funky Kits. She has been coloured with Promarkers and her hair has been highlighted with an Inkssentials opaque white pen.



This is just a little close up of my flowers. I love these EK Success punches for making flowers. I punched out the larger size three times using the card I used for matting and once with the smaller size using the paler DP. Then just finished off with a little flat backed pearl.



As you can see I sewed round the edges with my mini sewing machine - I felt brave. I doodled round the image with an American Crafts precision pen.


Materials used:-

Sketch:- Passion for Promarkers.

DP:- Basic Grey 'bittersweet'.

Tools:- Nesties, mini sewing machine, Promarkers, EK Success punches and Inkssentials white opaque pen.

Plus flat backed pearls and jewel to finish.

I hope you like my first DT card and I also hope a lot of you very talented girls will want to join in our very first challenge over at Totally Gorjuss. You must check out the cards my lovely teamies have made - they are beautiful they are all very talented ladies. I'm really looking forward to checking out your lovely entries.


Kat xx

10 comments:

  1. Kat your card is Gorgeous! A fabulous DT debut card. Relax and enjoy your (well deserved) position on the team!
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. well girl, nothing to worry about here!! your work is just Gorjuss!! looking forward to playing along with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat, I must say well done you....
    Your card stand's perfect along with the other DT card's.
    So proud of you.
    Bet you are wondering why you were so nervous now,duck to water eh...
    And as for the draft, well that's just a learning curve, we all do it.
    Like Clare said fabulous DT debut card and DT well deserved
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is Gorjuss!! Such a pretty card and as always so well made, love the sewing around the edges too!!

    I need to but some of these gorjuss girls!! lol

    Have a great weekend,

    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat, what a pretty card. Love the GG image and your colouring is fab. Great papers and the flowers are fab (I use my EK success punches on almost every card lol). Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card quine, love the bittersweet papers you've used
    thanks for joining is this week on PfP and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Kat. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! :)

    Thanks for joining us at PfP this week!

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, perfect for an 18th, thanks for playing along at Passion for Promarkers.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.