Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Tuesday 27 October 2009

Get Well Wishes.

I've managed to sneak a little time this morning to make a quick little...really little card. This is for the Paper Blooms challenge and the Simon Says Stamp challenge.

I used my nesties (of course) to make the card and of course the layers. I've always meant to try a circle card but this is the first one I've ever done. It's quite diddy and cute and there's not a lot you can do with it but it's nice and quick. I coloured the Stampin up image with Promarkers. Not sure if it was wise to layer it cos it tends to overshadow the sentiment. The check paper is a little scrap I found in my pink scraps and I added two Prima flowers and some spotty brads. A little bit of bling on the flowers just brightens it up!


It's a horrible rainy day here again so I'm lucky to get a photo at all. My friend just sent a text a little while ago to say that 2 stamps she ordered yesterday (one for me) had arrived already. We saw a sample card done with this stamp at the SECC on Sunday and needless to say the stamp was sold out. I think it was coming from Dimension Fourth so great customer service and it also shows how good Royal Mail can be.
I read Kath's blog earlier this morning and I think I may have caught her dopey mare virus lol!! I lost my mobile. At the moment because Catriona's baby could arrive any time the phone is always with me! Well I had it when my friend sent a text about the stamp. A wee while later no phone. I was everywhere in a panic...even places I hadn't been earlier. I even looked out the little piece of paper that has all the family mobile numbers and phoned it. I tried downstairs and then upstairs. Just the message that says "the person is unavailable....." Then reason set in and I realised that since there was no ringing sound on the phone and just the message straight away it must not be getting a proper signal. I have a "Really Useful Box" like a hanging file that has 12x12 papers in it and it sits next to me and the Eeyore cover for my phone was on top of the box......yes you guessed it...the phone had slipped down among the papers. Panic over but I felt like such an idiot - so much paper in it I didn't think the phone could slip down among them. Now reason tells me that I should have looked there first but since I was in a panic I didn't!!!
I should post this now and get off to work before I do anything else daft.
Kat xx

9 comments:

  1. its amazing what I can loose under my ever increasing stack of paper!! This card is gorgeous! Love the fact it is shaped! very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card :-) The image is gorgeous and the gingham paper and flowers are fab :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet!! thanks for joining us on paper blooms :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!I like the paper, the flowers and very nice the image!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

    Tímea and DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely Kat, not tried using the nesties but will one day!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, love the image, perfect for a get well x


    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kat, this is just too cute...a brill get well card.
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet, perfect to brighten someones day!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, thanks for joining us at PB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.