Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Sunday 29 July 2012

My Favourite Poppy Image.

Did you see Brenda's little challenge to make a poppy related card. It could be either a poppy image or use the lovely colour of poppies.




Well anyone who knows me knows that I love poppies so I couldn't resist entering. I know they're an unconventional colour but it is my favourite colour. And of course my favourite poppy stamp. I made this card for my friend who's having a birthday next week. I know she loves this image too and it's safe to show you this card as she doesn't blog.


I used :-
Image :- Hero Arts.
Sentiment :- LOTV.
DP :- Paper Adventures (I think!)
Butterflies :- Martha Stewart.
Colouring :- Promarkers.
Coloured pearls & gems :- Basic Grey.
Embossing :- M-Bossabilities from Spellbinders.
Viva pearl pen on embossing.
Glamour Dust, ribbon and Sakura glitter gel pen (on butterflies).

Wonderful picture isn't it - not! I should have taken it from a different angle instead of showing the sticky pads under the sentiment lol!

I'm also entering the following challenges :-
Basic Grey :- Things with wings.
Sir Stampalot :- What's your crafty passion? Hero Arts stamps, Glamour Dust, dry embossing, Promarkers and bling.

Hopefully this will appear on Sunday morning if I get my scheduling right! I've even got another card ready to post. I started to make a card for the Less is More challenge for last week which was sewing. The other day I coloured my image, laid out all the bits and pieces I needed but didn't put it together. It was only later I realised that what I was making wasn't a CAS card. You'll see what I mean when I show you the card tomorrow.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful card kat,gorgeous poppies and colour.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Kat,

    Poppies, an easel card, butterflies and pearls what more could a girl ask for.

    It's become very clear to me this last week that this hero arts stamp is a favourite with so many of us and no wonder other is so versatile.

    You don't know how much it has thrilled me me seeing so many of my blogging friends join in this little fun challenge. My thanks to you taking the time to make a lovely card to link up to my challenge, also sharing your crafty passion with us at Stampalot challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card kat...you know how much I love that poppy stamp and your friend is going to be over the moon with her card...hope the weather is a little less wet where you are...time to built an ark I think...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kat, love your Poppies in Lilac. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a beautiful card and love your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card kat
    you know I have a soft spot for that stamp :)
    Debz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a gorgeous card, such beautiful colours and a fabulous design.

    I'm sorry it is necessary to use a Basic Grey product to qualify for the prize.
    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with the Basic Grey challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card - I love the poppies and design! Thanks for joining us at BG Challenges, Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card! Hugs, Ani
    P.S. I have a candy over at http://cardmaniachallenges.blogspot.com/ if you're interested...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.