Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Sunday 15 July 2012

Can't believe I've never used this stamp before!!

Isn't that awful? Why have I never inked this cute image before? Probably because I've got lots of Christmas images. Not a good excuse though but hey better late than never.

I made a couple of cards at the crop yesterday and did a lot of glittering and preparing other images for some more Christmas cards. I had a good afternoon with lots of chat and I managed to keep busy the whole afternoon. Sometimes I take too much stuff but not the right stuff and don't have enough to do. This time I got it fairly right. I even had time to have a browse round the shop. Didn't buy too much as I may be going to check out a new craft shop on Thursday if my friend's up to it. She had a minor op just over 2 weeks ago and it's taking longer to get over it than she thought.

So here's one of my cards from the crop.


I used :-
Image :- Penny Black.
Colouring :- Promarkers.
DP :- First Edition.
Sentiment :- Craftwork Cards.
Pearls, gems, Glamour Dust and ribbon.

I'm entering these challenges :-
Crafty Hazelnut :- Twinkle, twinkle little star.
Christmas Stampin All year Long :- Not inked yet.

I've not achieved much today except for doing this post, doing my DT commenting and nipping round my favourite blogs. And the washing and ironing of course. And did I mention the jam? I decided to make strawberry jam this afternoon. I've never made strawberry jam before so I didn't know if it would work or not!! Well I had to have a scone and jam a wee while ago, just to check if it was ok. Hubby said it was fine so that was a relief as his mother was a great cook, baker and of course made jam and chutney. So I'm quite pleased with it. The best of it is I rarely eat strawberry jam but this stuff is quite yummy. Success lol!

I'm off to put an insert in a Get Well card. My Sister-in-law phoned last night to tell me my 95 year old Auntie had had a heart attack and was in hospital. She's not too bad and will probably get out to the local cottage hospital in a day or two. I feel bad about not visiting her but it's a long journey. If she was really ill I wouldn't think twice about going to see her. My brother and sister-in-law live very near her so they're getting all the running around to do. My brother also sometimes takes my Uncle to visit as driving into the centre of Glasgow is a bit much for a 92 year old. Hope my Uncle didn't miss the end of the Scottish Open when he went to visit his Sister!

I'll go and add that insert now and post it to her at work tomorrow. Catch you all tomorrow.

Thanks for looking and if you have time to let me know what you think I'd be really pleased.

18 comments:

  1. Shame on you Kat and such a cutie lol. Think I could join you on this issue! Lovely card. Made Strawberry jam on Friday night, a bit runny as usual but tastes okay so that's fine by me. Better than bought anyday. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you decided to ink this sweet stamp - you've made a beautiful card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 81 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH SO CUTE!!! Love your little puppy--this is darling! Thanks for joining us again at CSAYL--I hope to see you at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and Technique Tuesday as well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This image is super cute!! I can't believe you haven't inked it up before, either. I bet you will use it more now. : ) Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cute Kat.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute image Kat, I think we are all guilty of having crafty stuff and not using it. Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat, it is a really cute image. Gorgeous card too.

    Sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope she is well soon.

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello Kat, your card is soooo cute, i love it and love Penny Black stamp too, thanks to participate to CSAYL, hope to see you next week,biz

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooooo cute..What a FABulous little scene.
    Thank you for joining us at CSAYL this week.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh hun this is one super cute image and just love the scene you have created hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I LOVE this! That image is adorable. Glad you finally got it inked up! Thanks for playing along with us over at CSAYL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute image,it was time to ink it- lovely card!
    Thanks for sharing at Christmas Stampin All Year Long;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful little image ... Glad you put the stamp to some use to share it !
    Thanks for joining CHNC challenge 81.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card hunny love the image and papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww this is lovely Kat, such a cute card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card!
    thanks for playing along this week at CSAYL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweeeeet!!!! Thanks for participating in CSAYL's challenge! Hope to see you again!!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  18. fantastic card, and such a sweet image!
    I know what you mean about unused stamps! shameful.

    Hope your Aunt is on the mend. Haven't made any jam yet this year
    How's your boys and you doing ?

    Love Teen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.