Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Friday 17 July 2009

Sketch Saturday and Cute Card Thursday.


I was just a bit too late getting this card finished to get a reasonable photo! Neither of these photos shows the real colour of the papers or card. In the 2nd and 3rd photos the top flower is similar to the backing card which is right. In real life the flower and card are a sort of aubergine like the parcels on the backing paper and the card matches the colour pretty well. The other colour is blue, quite light. The jewels on the sentiment, corners of image and bottom left are aubergine too. I watercoloured this cute Penny Black image and made his scarf light blue and aubergine to match the papers. I stickled the smow under his feet and the snowflakes. I used my Cuttlebug to cut out the mats. The papers are old ones from Dovecraft. The top flower is a lovely Prima and the other one is made up from my stash. Brads, ribbon and jewels from my stash.
Saturday now and I've added another photo. I think this one taken this morning shows the colours of the papers, card and flowers better. Last night when I tried it wasn't too late to take a photo but the weather was so bad that it was too dark and it was too wet to go outside lol.
I am really going to have to do something about my lack of photography skills.
Thanks for looking, Kat x

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful winter card,
    the colours are brilliant as is the sweet image. hugs Rachxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.