Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Sunday 19 July 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge.

I'm a bit disappointed with this picture now that I've uploaded it! On my camera screen it looks quite bright but here it looks a bit washed out. The background paper is from Daisy Bucket and the plain lime green is the other side. The pale blue is Bazill and the dark blue which is pearlized is from my local paper mill. The stripey one is a scrap that seemed to fit colourwise. I made this card for a teenage nephew - actually a great nephew - that makes me sound old but I was quite young when his Mum, my eldest niece was born. I didn't have anything I thought was suitable for a teenage boy. I'm struggling cos he will be 14 and is the youngest of three brothers so anything suitable has already been used. Then I thought of digi downloads. I found Mikey on the Charmed Cards and Crafts website. Fantastic! You get a whole lot of downloads for your money and this is Music Mikey. I had to do a bit of fiddling around to get him from A4 to what looked a useful size. Amazing the things you learn to do when you start blogging lol. I watercoloured the image and layered on two shades of blue. I am quite pleased with how the card has turned out I don't think he'll think yuk and hide it!! I am also pleased that I have got it made early for his birthday and I can send it with the new home card I posted already.

Thanks for looking and hopefully leaving a comment. Kat x

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love the cute image and your colouring. Gorgeous papers and ribbon.
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the image and the pattern paper you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.