Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Friday 25 September 2009

Soon be the Weekend!

I've been naughty again! After I fed and walked the dogs and hung out my washing I've been making this card. My excuse is that I'm working this afternoon and when I come home from work it will be too late and this card fits 4 Saturday challenges.

I used this great sketch from Sketch Saturday. It was really easy to use - even for me! I've used the lovely lemonade papers from Basic Grey and for the other part of their challenge I put some of the dark pink through the bug in the divine swirls folder. I used nesties to cut out the ovals, coloured one of my new Penny Black stamps with Promarkers and used a Sakura clear gel glitter pen on the hearts. The Pile it on challenge wants flowers so I punched out some with my EK Success punches and finished them off with stick on pearls. To complete the Penny Black challenge I add a piece of paper lace and buttons from my stash for the Whimsy challenge. The edges of the background paper have been distressed with Distress Inks for the http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/. I added faux stitching for the Simon Says Stamp challenge. And it looks like a girl's card so I can enter the Secret Crafter Saturday challenge. If I can get round to decorating the inside I could also enter the Creative Card Crew challenge too.


Just another view of the card to show that I put the image up on sticky pads to give a bit of dimension.

Not sure what work will be like this afternoon.....! My colleague just phoned to say that the printer wasn't working and the engineer had until Monday to come out to fix it!!! There are so many things you can't do in the Post Office if you don't have a printer. I guess I could have a quiet afternoon if the engineer doesn't appear lol!! I should be so lucky. Good thing it's Friday and not Monday or we would be really popular. On the bright side I am off tomorrow and I'm going to a crop at my local craft shop and I'm also off on Monday - just because I want a day off.

So I'm off to post this now and see if I can do some housework before I leave for work.

Hope you like and please let me know what you think if you have a minute to spare.

Kat x

It is now Sunday and guess who forgot to post a photo of the inside of the card!!! I'm probably too late now but here it is anyway. I'm never sure what to do with insides. Some are easier than others - can be difficult if you have a 6x6 pad and only two sheets of each paper. Never mind her it is.


16 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Kat. Love the cute image you've used and the colours also. Pretty papers and flowers to. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and sweet Kat - love your colour scheme, cute image and pretty papers. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card kat...love the cute image and great use of your lace and pearls...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card & so many challenges too!! I haven't managed to clean up all week so I'm sure you can have the morning off!! Enjoy your weekend,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too cute! I lvoe the buttons you used the lace is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, wonderful PB image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, very cute ;-) I love this image and the papers and embellies are fab ! I love that little lace strip and the buttonss ,,, they are lovely ! :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat, what a sweet card....love the cute image and the papers are gorgeous. Great layout and distressed edges. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just trying to catch up with you girl's, I haven't been blogging this week as I was buzy.And have I missed load's, it will take me day's to get up to speed.
    Love your last few card's Kat, sorry I missed a few posts...
    I haven't even made a card myself this week and am getting withdrawals..lol
    Have a great weekend
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. So super cute!

    Thanks so much for playing!
    Dee at Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card!!!

    Thank you for playing.
    Brenda-Pile It On GDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, I love your distressing. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Love those papers and colors. Super cute image and perfect for that layout. Great details too. Thanks for playing along at Whimsy this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very cute card, love the details.
    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

    Hugs
    iris

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the layout and buttons w/flowers!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.