Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Thursday 3 September 2009

Wet Thursday!

This was a quick card I made a couple of days ago to show my friend who wants to make some cards for a sale of work. The idea is originally Clare's (Littlebear), thanks Clare. She made a lovely card the other day by inking her stamps and stamping on her card. She also scored round each side with her score-bug and added cut out leaves. If you look at Clare's blog you will see that her card is much nicer than mine. I used my Ultimate (Crafter's Companion) to emboss lines top and bottom and inked my image and sentiment stamps with brush markers. I'm not usually so minimalist but I know that people will not pay a reasonable amount for a nice card at a sale of work. But they will pay more for rubbish from a shop. Need to watch I don't fall of my soapbox lol!! I was in a shop recently with a friend who was looking for a child's birthday card and I couldn't believe how much it was for the simplest card. Guess I haven't looked at cards in shops for a long time.The next card is what I have been making today on a miserable wet day. I don't think the rain has ever stopped. I'm not sure my dogs have dried out since their walk and it will soon be time to go out again. I used the lovely sketch from Sketch Saturday and rotated it to fit the image better. I masked this lovely Tilda in Cherry Dress so that she could sit on a bench. I haven't done much masking so I was quite pleased with how she turned out! I watercoloured her. I've rounded all the edges except the base card. The flowers have been cut out using my new EK Success flower punches and popped on with sticky pads for a bit of dimension. I glittered them plus the cherries on Tilda's dress and the ornaments in her hair with a Sakura glitter gel pen. Pity you can't see the glitter but it is not a bright enough day for good photos. I sewed round all the edges with my mini sewing machine. I am getting used to doing this now - not good at it just used to doing it!! I inked all the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. Ribbon, brads and sparkly jewels are from my stash.



Challenges I am entering:-
Sketch Saturday:- The great sketch.
Just Magnolia:- Image and ribbons and bows.
La La Land challenge:- Bling.
A Spoon Full of Sugar:- Distressing.

Hope you like, think I will think about my next challenge now before I make tea and walk the dogs. I think it will be a very short walk as it is still raining. My old dog won't complain and I don't think the other one will either! I'm off out tonight to make cards with friends. Yesterday afternoon I was making cards with some other friends. Hard work but someone's got to do it.

See you soon,

Kat xx

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    Two very different cards, but both gorgeous. I am very flattered you used my card for an idea!Enjoy your walk, my dog refuses point blank to go out in the rain! Enjoy your evening of crafting too.
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Kat, love the papers & colours on your Tilda card! What sewing machine do you have? I'm considering asking hubby for a Janome mini for Christmas, if I don't end up buying one before lol. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your message Kat. Are you getting on ok with your machine? Would be great if you could pass on the seller details, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tilda card. The little green gems are perfect. Love the layout and your colouring is lovely!

    Thank you for playing along with us at La-la Land Crafts. Good Luck.

    Kimmi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, your flowers look gorgeous!! I like the simplicity of the first card, its very fresh and pretty. (have you seen the tutorial for flowers using those punches at papercrafts by Rach?) Hope the rain has stopped,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card! Gotta love Tilda! Thanks for playing along at La La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great creations Kat! Love all the DP you used on the 2nd card and I always LOVE embossing too!
    Thanks again for joining us this week at LLWWC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards Kat.
    love the less is more on the first one and the gorgoeus papers and cute Tilda on the second one.
    Thanks for joining LLWWC.

    xoxo karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute!! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, such pretty cards! Thanks so much for playing in our La-La Land Weekly Wednesday Challenge! Please join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Love the colors! Thank you for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both pretty cards! Love the embossed lines on your CAS card and the Tilda card is adorable! What kind of sewing machine do you use? Thank you for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.