Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Monday 7 September 2009

Lazy Day!

It has been a lovely day so far for my holiday. We didn't get the Bank Holiday last week but today is a local holiday.I'm not proud - if it's a holiday I'm happy to have it whatever it's for. I'm glad it's nice today because we are surrounded by farms and the harvest is taking a while this year. We used to have a farm until my husband saw sense and realised it was not worth killing himself with work. Our son would help, when he was still at home, but there was no way he wanted to be a farmer. Smart move if you ask me. Our lovely Westminster Government does not make it easy to be a farmer nowadays!

But enough waffle. I have been busy this morning blog hopping before I thought maybe I should get some crafting done. I had a slight diversion as a parcel of goodies arrived from Elaine at Quixotic. But I have been very good I have put the goodies aside until I get this post done and challenges entered.

I coloured this lovely Tilda with my Promarkers and used a Sakura clear glitter gel pen on her wings. I used wild asparagus DP from MME. Nesties were used to cut the circles and scallops as usual. The semi-circles at each side were made by drawing round a plate! Flowers and gorgeous velvet ribbon from my stash. The butterflies are also from my stash and I used them because the 1st Sophisticat challenge had butterflies on the sketch so I thought I'd add some to my card!

So here's the card.
To be honest while I was making it I hated it!! Even when I finished it I didn't like it. I think I'm getting used to it now but it's not one of my favourites.

Challenges entered:-

Papertake Weekly:- Angels and fairies.
Sophisticat Challenge:- Sketch, butterflies optional.
Flutterby Wednesday #73:- Fairy or butterfly.

What do you think? Is it really awful? I don't mind if you think it is, I don't mind if you don't like it since I am not keen on it myself lol!!

Almost forgot - I won some candy on Kath's blog today. That was a good start to the day wasn't it?

Kat x

11 comments:

  1. I like this...love the added butterflies!! Very nice! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think this is really lovely, it's a gorgeous image & I really like your soft colour scheme & added butterflies.

    Thanks so much for playing along at Sophisticats this week.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Kat, great papers & image. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya Kat, I think it's beautiful! great array of colours and very balanced. Thank you so much for joining in with our challange over at sophisticats.

    Hugs
    Lisa.xx
    DT.Admin

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is ever so lovely! your coloring is fabulous and you handled the challenge like a pro! thanks so much for play with the sophisti-cats first challenge. hope to see you back soon.

    p.s. the US gov't doesn't make it easy for farmers here either!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable! love the dimention of the butterflies and the gorgeous velvet ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its really pretty , love those colours too!! I did have a look at this sketch but decided it looked like a lot of work, I do like the simple sketches best!!
    Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day off,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi hun i adore this love the soft colurs you have used great colouring too thanks for joing us on our first challenge at SC love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet Kat....
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat such a stunning card. I love those flutterby's. A really gorjus card, such a lovely take on the sketch.

    Thank you for taking part in the Sophisticats challenge.

    Love karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello kat...
    i think your card is adorable... i didnt find the sketch easy and i'm on the DT!
    Thank you for joining us at s-cats this week, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs lynx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.