Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Friday 19 August 2011

Less is More 28.

Well I'm not at the very last minute with my card for Less is More but not far off it lol! I'm not sure what I've done with my day off but I know it's not a lot. I hope it's been fine for everyone else because it's been an absolutely gorgeous day here in coastal Aberdeenshire. We've actually been quite lucky this week. Some days have gone to rain at night but at least it was fine during the day. Round about here combines and balers have been working flat out and it's good to see the harvest going ahead in nice weather.

A lady from church was having an at home day today in aid of CLAN. Anyone from the north east of Scotland, Orkney or Shetland will know that CLAN which is based in Aberdeen supports cancer sufferers and their family and carers. At the moment they are building super duper new premises not far from Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, and of course like any other charity fundraising is always ongoing. They have accommodation for anyone who needs it in the short term and also a holiday home on Royal Deeside to give people a welcome break. So it was nice to go along and have coffee and cake and lots of chat and laughs and support a very worthy cause. Well that was the morning over, wasn't it?!

This afternoon I had a few shots at making a simple one-layer card using ink. After a few binable attempts I raked out my Whispers pens which haven't seen the light of day for a long, long time. Then I thought I'd make a scrapling. With mixed success to say the least!


I used :-
Image :- Inkylicious.
Sentiment :- Hero Arts.
Colouring :- Whispers pens.

Below is my first attempt. I realised after I'd stamped that it looked a bit daft with the stem ending in mid-air! I think I can probably do something to improve it but that's for another day.

I had a few tries to make a scrapling using this gorgeous butterfly and alcohol inks. None of them turned out well enough so I had a rethink about what to do.


I used :-
Image and sentiment :- Hero Arts.
Colouring :- Alcohol ink spritzed lightly with water.
Jewels :- Hobby House.

I'm entering this card in the challenge over at Stamp Something which is "thank you."

This was another attempt but for some reason the stamp tried to stick to the card. But all is not lost as I'll probably 3d another butterfly on top.


Well I'd best go and post this and enter the challenge since I've gone to all that bother lol! Then I need to catch up on my DT commenting and schedule my Totally Gorjuss post for tomorrow morning. I might even do some ironing. Isn't it funny how a fine day makes you look for washing!

Thanks for looking and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. I really like the first card. The image looks great off to one side - very striking. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful selection and my fave is also the first one

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards, super OLC and perfect for us
    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely, lovely cards...I think that they are all terrific. I'm so glad that you got them in in time!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you have been busy, Kat! They are all beautiful! My favourites are the first one and the butterfly with gems, simple but very elegant! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great Kat. The flower cards show how placement of an image can make a real difference.
    My favourite is the third one.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hun these are brilliant cards,just love them to bits love them all,perfect placement on all of them hun,you are so good as cas hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.