Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Friday 2 May 2014

Look what I've been making........

Hi everyone. I thought I'd show you what I've been making recently instead of blogging.

This is one of my Malawi blankets.


I also made 3 fish and chip jumpers and hats and 3 other jumpers and hats. I thought some random wool would be nice for a change. Stripes would have been a nice change but it's enough of an ordeal for me to sew up knitting without having to sew up stripes neatly!!




Maybe I should have laid them out a bit better you can't see the full beauty of them when they're all folded up like this lol!!

I'm also nearly finished another blanket that I've only been working on for a week! I got a bit obsessed with it! I used 17 colours that were left over from other blankets. I decided to make it random and I was determined that no two squares would be the same. Neither random nor no two squares the same are as easy as they sound. Random is quite difficult for me, I think my brain must be too tidy and ordered! As you can see from the blanket above I usually use four colours and move the colours one place along every time. Not sure that makes sense but if you look at the blanket you'll see what I mean. I think! I'm working on the edging of my latest blanket so I should be able to show it to you soon. I've also finished and Aran cardigan but needless to say it's still waiting to be sewn up!!

Best go now and think about organising tea. It's been really nice and sunny here today and the dogs have been out in the garden most of the time. It wasn't as warm as last Monday but I did manage to have my coffee outside this morning.

Thanks for looking and I'll see you all tomorrow with my DT card for Totally Gorjuss.

Kat xx

5 comments:

  1. Just killing some free time on Digg and I found your entry. Not normally what I like to read about, but it was definitely worth my time. Thanks...Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have been busy hu love the blanket and the other goodies you have made hun great colours too hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy, these look great kat.
    Have a good weekend
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat you have been very busy. Great fish and chip hats and wraps but I LOVE your blanket. Fab.

    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is what's been keeping you out of mischief Kat! What brilliant work and for a very good cause too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.