Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Saturday 22 June 2013

Totally Gorjuss 189 - Happy Birthday.

Good morning everyone, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. I'm just relieved to have a day and a half off before two weeks full time working!! My colleague is off to Rhodes this morning for two weeks. Lucky her. I'm definitely not looking forward to this next fortnight. The worst part is the boredom during the quiet times when I keep thinking about all the things I could be doing if I wasn't stuck in the Post Office!!

But enough of my moaning! It's time for another challenge at Totally Gorjuss. We have a theme you all like this week....Happy Birthday! Even better we have two sponsors, The Ribbon Girl and Whoopsi Daisy so you have two chances to win!

I've had to make a quick card this week, thanks LOTV, as I've been a bit busy. Last night was my WRI car treasure hunt so I had to buy raffle prizes, organise prizes and a gift voucher for the person who made up the treasure hunt. Not to mention baking. My friend has a nasty cold and chest infection and wasn't up to going so I did her baking too. I do love baking though so it wasn't a chore! We had a successful night even if we had fewer cars than normal and it was fun. My husband and I didn't fall out (we usually do) so that was a bonus! I was also out on Thursday evening to a concert by the well known Scottish singer Fiona Kennedy. She's a beautiful singer and the other singer with her was a very talented 13 year old boy from Aviemore called Ruairidh McDonald. It was a great evening and we really enjoyed it. Ruaridh sings a song about Lady the famous Osprey at the Loch of the Lowes near Dunkeld in Perthshire.  If you'd like to see Lady she has her own webcam where you can see her chick - her 50th. She's a very old girl, reckoned to be about 27 which is apparently very old for an Osprey.

Anyway enough waffle, here's my card.


It's very late on Friday evening so I'll come back later and tell you what I used.

Here I am again.

I used :-
Image and sentiment :- LOTV.
Image cut out with a nestie and outlined with a Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker.
Pearls :- Hobby House.
Cuttlebug embossing folder.
Ribbon and Glamour Dust.

Challenges :-
Cute Card Thursday :- In the Summertime.
Lili's Little Fairies :- In the Garden.
Crafting When We Can :- Mad about Markers.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and thanks for looking.

Kat xx

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kat, love the pretty image. Used to go to concerts of the Kennedy family with my Dad and Mum. God that was a long time ago! Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea if you're going to get several half comments from me Kat because blogger keeps closing the box on me.

    Sounds like you have another very busy week, but at least you got time to make a very pretty floral card.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card, especially the embossing! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love your CAS look and beautiful colours.

    Thanks for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A glorious bouquet of flowers Kat, the flat mat really stands out against the polka dot embossing.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening Kat,
    Loving this card, great image, and layout
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Kat, love these pretty LOTV flower images :o) Good luck with the next couple of weeks at work hun! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Kat! I love the flowers and the glittery edge of your card :) Hope the next 2 weeks aren't too much for you and you still get to craft a little! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kat, love the way you have edged this lovely card. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have had a pretty busy time of it. I'm glad your day was a success. Lovely card, which doesn't look quick at all...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Kat I'm sure your friend will love it. I hope she feels better soon.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely CAS style card, a pretty LOTV image and love the embossing too!
    Thank you for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies and good luck :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is just stunning Kat! I love your blog and am your newest follower!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. a beautiful birthday card Kat, and such a pretty bunch of flowers. hope you are ok.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.