Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Tuesday 21 December 2010

Advent Calendar.

Hi everyone, just a quick post to show you the Advent Calendar I made for Poppy and Oliver. I bought a Kaisercraft kit of Advent calendar and all the DP and bits and pieces needed to make it from Merly Impressions. You have to put together the framework for the calendar and make up all the little drawers but I think it was worth it.

Both sides have a flourish down the side painted in gold. The sides and front of the main framework were also painted in gold.
I made this in a hurry so that I could take it to Catriona in time for the 1st of December. I didn't have time to put anything in the drawers so I think she was going to put some little sweeties in them. Maybe next year I'll be more organised lol.

Poppy was at her preschool Christmas party today and Santa was there so she is quite excited. Apparently she is being good - mostly - just in case!!

Oops nearly forgot about the challenges I'm going to enter with my calendar.

Cute Card Thursday :- For the kids.
Paperplay :- Anything but a card.
One Stitch at a Time :- Anything Goes.
Papertake Weekly :- Anything Goes.

Hope you like my Advent calendar and thanks for looking.

11 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous!! I'm sure it will be a family favourite!!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Kat,

    How are you? I am Casper.Pleased to meet you!

    What a lovely Grandaughter you have such a pretty name!

    OOps - hee hee

    Well your advent box is fab, what a lot of work you have put into it! I love the oldy worldy traditional theme! Muted & subdued colours!

    Thank you for choosing to join us in our last challenge of 2010 at OSAAT.

    Good luck in all your challenges!

    Wishing you & your family a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

    All the Best for 2011 !

    Take care
    Big Hugs
    Casper
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous Kat.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous & I am sure very much loved too. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous and brilliantly done.
    Thanks for joining us at PP this week.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year, best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Kat, and what a great grandmother you are! I love the cute little drawers and the gold flourishes, beautiful! Have a very Merry Christmas with your family! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card! I love the Santa!
    Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
    hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my sweet friend. I just wanted to stop by and wish you a VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY dear!
    I hope all is well and you are staying warm.
    big hugs and lots of Merry wishes your way... Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat, this is a gorgeous calendar which I'm sure will be used time and time again. Wishing you a lovely cosy Christmas and lots of crafty creativeness in 2011. hugs Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous creation! It certainly doesnt look like you made in a hurry! Thanks for taking the time to join in our challenge at One Stitch at a Time! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, this is lovely, so creative thanks for joining paperplay on our anything but a card hoilday challenge Good luck And Happy Holidays

    Liz B
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.