Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Monday 7 June 2010

What Day Off?

Well so much for my day off! I haven't achieved very much. I knew what DP I wanted to use but somehow decided that it wasn't right. Yes you guessed right I did end up using it after wasting a lot of time!



I also had to waste time going to Tesco for onions. Didn't occur to me that I needed them when I went to the local shop for my papers. I suppose that would have been too easy!



So here it is and right up until it was almost complete I still wasn't sure about it. I'm still not sure about the blue I used for matting. The plain pink was no problem but the blue was a nightmare! I had all sorts of blue out. Too blue, too green (?), to dark, too light. So I just gave in and chose this one. I'm a bit disappointed about how the ribbon looks in the photo. In real life it doesn't look as dark.





I used :-

Image :- Penny Black.

DP :- Papermania Rose Garden.

Colouring :- Promarkers.

Sentiment :- Penny Black.

Swirl stamp from the Papermania 2009 Marie Curie set.

Pearls :- the Hobby House.

Nesties.


I'm going to enter a few challenges with this card :-

Penny Black :- Swirls.
Sketch Saturday :- Sketch.
Colour Create :- Baby pink and pastel blue plus something soft. I used a lovely soft piece of ribbon.
Papertake Weekly :- Fun - I think this hedgie's idea of fun is sunbathing in a deckchair!
I hope Kath doesn't faint when she sees how early I am entering the Penny Black challenge! Well ok I was a bit late last week lol!
I'm off now to see if I can make up for my lack of cardmaking so far today. I really thought I was going to get a lot done today. I did do a wee bit more tidying though and I managed to check out my favourite challenges. Unfortunately I still need to check out my favourite challenges!
Thanks for looking and for any kind comments you might leave.
Kat xx

13 comments:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful, Kat! Your image is so cute and beautifully coloured, your papers are gorgeous and I love your swirls and pearls! And your ribbon and blue look perfect! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow kat picking myself off the floor...no just joking and sorry you had such a to do with your card...but it turned out fabulous in the end......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath

    ReplyDelete
  3. what you talking bout !!..its fabulous chick..love the papers and the cute image...Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card turned out stunning, I love the image...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my fave images! Love It!

    Mrs Wonka X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, adorable card Kat.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how it turned out Kat, the colours look ok to me....love the image, you coloured it lovely, love the shading on the petals...

    Gorgeous job!!!
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty in pink and blue and love the cute hedgie. I know what you mean about matching up the colours, it is my nightmare too and today I'm on the search for the right shade of salmon pink dp to match an image I've already coloured and matted .. .. why did I do it that way around?!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Kat

    I liked how your card turned out! I have trouble photgraphing mine, there is always something that doesnt look right! Thanks for joining us at penny black saturday

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful!
    Love the image, so cute!!
    Thank you for joining us at SS,
    hugs from Maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kat,
    I love this card. The image is one of my favourites and you have made it look better than ever with your great colouring.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.