Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Thursday 6 February 2014

Love!

One of our Messy Church leaders asked me to make her a Valentine card. She's actually going to give a service/talk at a local nursing home so she wanted a large card. She gave me some card which unfortunately she had already folded! I don't know about you but I can't work with card that isn't straight and this wasn't straight in any direction. Unfortunately it was such a big piece of card that it didn't fit in my guillotine or trimmer. I persevered though and got it to a more manageable size. I still wasn't comfortable with it as it is much bigger than the biggest card I've ever made. I left it with my colleague at the post office and Beatrice's husband picked it up today. She sent me a text to say she was delighted with it. Quite a surprise! But you can judge for yourselves as here it is.


I used :-
Hearts :- Nesties.
Butterflies :- vellum and punch both from Stampin' Up!
Sentiment :- Cut out with Cricut.
Pearls :- Hobby House.
DP :- LOTV.
Ribbon from stash.

She didn't want anything fancy. Suggested maybe a heart but I couldn't imagine a card this size with a heart so I tried to keep it simple but just kind of size it up from my usual type of card. Anyway if she's happy, I'm happy!

Thanks for looking and I'll see you tomorrow with some baby cards I made for a colleague to give her a choice.

Kat xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh hunny just love this super layout hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Kat, you have made a fantastic job with what you were given.
    Great design, simple but very effective

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you Kat I have to start off straight otherwise there's no chance at all. But you look to have done a grand job of utilising what you were given.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.