Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Sunday 28 March 2010

Oliver's Easter Card.

Hi everyone. I was in a good mood....notice the past tense! I took a photo of this card and thought how nice it was to be able to take a photo at 5 to 7 and still in daylight! But, and there's always a but isn't there when I went to upload to my laptop instead of getting a message that there were 2 photos to upload the message said there were 148. Hopping mad doesn't even come close!!!

But enough about my stupid camera! Here's the card I made for Oliver for Easter. I know he is not quite 5 months old but I've made a card for Poppy so he has to have one too! For this year at least she's the only one who needs an Easter egg. I won this stamp the other week at the Creative Card Crew challenge. Thanks again to them and to Nikki at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.

You might think that this photo doesn't look as if it was taken in daylight. This is because it was re-taken about 20 past 7! As I went to type out the challenges I am going to enter I realised that it was maybe not quite right for one of them so I made a little addition of Sakura glitter gel pen to the flowerpot and the bunny's bow!



This is just a quick fun card but I think it fits a few challenges.

Simon Says Stamp :- Easter plus glimmer - hence my little addition.
Colour Create :- Favourite pastels plus Easter.
Paperplay :- Easter.
Fussy and Fancy :- Easter.
Easy Craft Projects :-Easter.
High Hopes :- Gems or pearls.
Truly Scrumptious :- Sketch.
Stamp Something :-Doodle something. I doodled round the image.
Pile it on :- Animal-riffic.

What I used :-

Image :- High Hopes - Tulip Bunny.
Sentiment :- Craftwork Cards.
Colouring :- Promarkers and Sakura clear glitter gel pen.
DP :- Papermania pastel stack.
Nesties.
Flat back pearls from Hobby House.
Spotty ribbon, button and string from stash.
I'm quite happy with this card for a little boy. What do you think? Is it ok? I wish the photo was a bit better. The DP behind the image is spotty and so is the ribbon but you can't really see that. On the plus side I think you can see where I've used the glitter gel pen!
Probably I should do my ironing now or maybe I'll prevaricate a little and see what the entries are like for Totally Gorjuss and Just Cute Bears. Well no contest is there?
Kat xx

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely, Kat, and perfect for a boy! I really like your post and I want to let you know that you are not alone, we probably have the same camera... except mine just said that I had... 275 pictures to upload (I thought there would be 10!)! Technology is great... Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Kat and so glad to see you've inked up your new stamp :-) Your bunny looks adorable and I love the sparkle, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kat, This is adorable!!!! Love that cute little image. Colors are wonderful!!
    hope your week is great sweetie.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that bunny Kat (spooky, I inked mine up yesterday too) and that extra little sparkle is perfect. Gorgeous hun. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh beautiful, sweet card and the bit of sparkle of his scraf is just perfect.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo so cute and what a fabulous stamp to have won! I love the touch of sparkle too.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card, love the image!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card!
    Thank you for coming over to Colour Create to play this week!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas (GDT)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card Kat! You did a wonderful job combining so many challenges! Love the sparkle! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet card! Thanks for piling it on with us. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! That bunny looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kat.
    It's such a pain taking photo's...it can take as much effort as making a card...
    I get as frustrated as you do...

    I love your Bunny card...well done on the win...I think this is perfect for Oliver's first easter card...and a lovely keepsake...choc's don't last long so this is far better!!!

    Hope your not wearing yourself down...it's a hard job this Dt lark....
    Catch up with you soon
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab card. Super bunny image and love the glitz. Beautiful papers too.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute image, lovely Easter card! I like the shimmery blue card stock! Happy Easter, and thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hiyaa!

    Awww this is so cute, what an adorable image..
    Driving home today there was just sooo much water, can't believe we've got this weather again!!

    Thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kat. Your card is just sooooo cute! I LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us for the Stamp Something challenge.
    Hugs, Denimo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute bunny! Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Easy Craft Projects xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.