Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Monday 12 November 2012

It's a Tree Thing!

I seem to be doing a lot of trees for my Christmas cards this year. I've done quite a few dry embossed trees but today I have two heat embossed ones. I rarely ever use my heat gun these days but I thought this would be a change.

I bought some lovely Inkylicious stamps at the SECC a couple of weeks ago and this is the first time I've used them. One of the things Inkylicious suggest is using the same stamp to make a border for your card so I tried that. Not sure if I've been very successful though!


I used :-
Image and sentiment :- Inkylicious.
Silver embossing powder, ribbon and Liquid Pearls.

The pearls weren't totally successful. Initially they were fine but somehow I managed to smudge some of them. I should have sat the card somewhere safe as soon as I added the pearls!

I used the same lovely image and sentiment to make another card. This time I embossed in gold and added some red gems from the Hobby House and gorgeous red ribbon from the Ribbon Girl. Have you ever bought ribbon from the Ribbon Girl? They have beautiful ribbons and other lovely embellishments and their service is amazingly quick.


That's 63 cards now, well 64 really as I made another one last night that I'm not showing just yet.

Thanks for looking and thanks to the kind people who leave me lovely comments on my poor efforts. I'll catch up later after work. Have a good day even if it is Monday!

9 comments:

  1. As a self confessed 'treeaholic' I can confirm you can never have too many tree stamps. In fact I dabbled with this one as well at the NEC but avoided the temptation although I did by several other trees.

    I particularly like the effect of the silver one above, although they're both very elegant.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these are both gorgeous hun, although my fave is the red one. The last time my heat gun came out was HisNibs using it for his model railway layout! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card's I love the tree. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Kat, love the background and it's a pretty Tree. The gorgeous ribbon finishes it off beautiuflly. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat. Both cards are lovely but I prefer No 2, so elegant. Like the idea of stamping down the sides, food or thought.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're lovely Kat, love that gorgeous tree stamp :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both gorgeous Kat...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, elegant Christmas cards Kat.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the border works brilliantly. Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.