Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Sunday 23 September 2012

A snowflake is........

Last night I spent what felt like hours cutting out various Spellbinders snowflakes. Funnily enough none of them are on this card!!

I was inspired by a background that Kath demonstrated last year. I think she embossed the white snowflakes and that would probably have been a better idea since mine don't show up very well! I've been waiting for a chance to use this sentiment so trying out this type of background was the ideal opportunity.


I used :-
Snowflakes and sentiment :- Hero Arts.
Nestie die, ribbon and gems and Distress Ink round the edge of the Kraft card.

Very simple but I quite like it.

I'm entering the following challenges :-
Creative Inspirations :- Christmas in September.
Paperplay :- Choose a holiday - Christmas.
Secret Crafter :- Distressing. I hope you can see the distressing. I think I should have used a darker shade of Distress Ink as even in real life it's a bit faint!

I would claim to be having a more relaxing evening today but I've done my ironing first before I sat down to write this post! I made another card later last night after my marathon snowflake diecutting session but I'm keeping it for the moment. I will show it soon though but now I'm going to have a look at these snowflakes and try to come up with some more ideas for Christmas cards.

Thanks for looking a please feel free to leave me a comment if you have a minute to spare. Then I'll know I'm not speaking to myself!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kat, I think one of my favourite colour schemes. I have a few die cut snowflakes sitting around waiting too??????? Off to finish my ironing, not been as "good" as you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so simple and elegant! Lovely!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kat, love the simplicity of it. Think I'm going to do lots of simple this year, failed miserably last year and ended up buying shop ones. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, snowflake card Kat.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely clean crisp feel to your card Kat.

    Thanks so much for your supportive and kind comments over the weekend,they really did help.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Kat, like the sentiment. Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat we had a super time at the weekend thanks with lots of laughing and giggles and maybe a bit of crafting!
    Loving this Christmas card...red and kraft bang on trend. Great snowflakes too.
    Thanks for popping by and happy crafting,
    hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining our final challenge of "Distressing" on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Kraft and red. The snowflakes show up really well against the background I think, and so much quicker to make a few without having to emboss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Kat, I do love white on kraft :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.