Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Thursday 3 December 2009

White Card

I made this quick little card the other evening and this is me just getting round to posting it. I thought I would make a plain card that would be quick to do and I could make a few of them and add to my stock of Christmas cards.

I have not used a sketch for this one as I just meant to do something plain but of course I couldn't help myself I had to add snowflakes, card candy, ribbon and buttons!

I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the front of my card. Then I used nesties to cut a scalloped circle and stamped this cute Penny Black image which I coloured with Promarkers. I added some card candy from Craftwork Cards. I added my favourite cuttlebug snowflake and Martha Stewart snowflake, both cut from glitter card. The sentiment is also from Craftwork Cards. I finished off by tying some white ribbon round the card and adding a button on top of the knot and another to the large snowflake. And that's it!

I think it will fit a few challenges.

Daring Cardmakers :- White with a hint of colour.
Allsorts :- Buttons.
Sophisticat challenge :- Snowflakes and sparkle.
The Pink Elephant :- Colour with your favourite medium - I used Promarkers.
Creative Card Crew :- Christmas.

I really quite like a white card with just embossing for texture and I think I might make a few more variations on this one.

I have another card to post so I will be back in a little while when I've taken a photo of it.

Kat xx

9 comments:

  1. lovw white on white it always look so elegant! Love all the different textures! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again

    I do love the white theme with a hint of colour it is so effective. Brilliant

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the snowflake embossing and accent! Great job with the Daring Cardmakers white challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Kat, I love the simplicity of this, good luck with your challenges, thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week, Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Gorgeous card! I love the white crispness of this card and fab embossing.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is beautiful, I do love the white cards - so effective.

    Thanks for taking part in my challenge and joining us at Sophisticats this week.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally cute - love the embossed snowflakes.
    Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant. Good luck and hope you'll join us again next week for our new challenge.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorjus card and such an adorable image too !
    Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats.
    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally wonderful. thanks for joining us at sophisticats.
    hugs lynx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.