Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Monday, 7 February 2011

Love is.....

Hi everyone, I started this post this morning and only got as far as the photo. Changed my mind about it and took another one at lunchtime!

But before I tell you about it I need some help. I'm supposed to make a card for a WRI competition. We have to make 6 different items around a set theme. This year it is a masked ball and I have to make an invitation! One of the others has made a mask and I'd like to add something like that to the card. But I can't find an image. Brenda told me about a mask stamp stocked by The Stamp Man but unfortuanately it's a full face mask and Janet has made one of those ones that only cover the top half of your face and you hold it with a "stick." Stick doesn't sound right but maybe you know what I mean?! I don't mind if it's a stamp or a digi, I'm getting a bit desperate now as my drawing skills are not very good lol!

So here's yesterday's card.
I used :-
Image :- Penny Black.
Sentiment :- Penny Black "love" and "hugs", "is" handwritten.
Colouring :- Promarkers.
Card Candy :- Craftwork Cards.
Martha Stewart punch, Nesties, Cuttlebug "hearts" folder and DP is an unknown scrap.

I'm going to enter the following challenges :-
Penny Black :- Love is...
Cards for Men :- Valentine/Love.
Secret Crafter :- Valentine.
Allsorts :- It must be love, love, love...
Simon Says Stamp :- Love is in the air.
Wild Orchid :- Love is..
I think that's it then. Hope you can find time to leave me a wee comment. I'm always encouraged by your kind comments, nice to know that someone has visited. And if anyone can help with the mask problem I'd be really grateful. At one point we thought of a fan and it would have been no problem to find a stamp as I have one of those 4 sided ones with 4 different fan images lol!

If you haven't noticed my candy yet you can find it in the post below.

Thanks for looking and take care.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, love this cute and very pretty card.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...this is adorable Kat! Those hedgies are so sweet, and I love the colours!
    Helen x

    PS - sorry can't help you with your mask stamp problem :0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops should also have said:

    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, lovely colour too! The embossed background is lovely.

    No help with your mask - if I spot anything I will let you know!

    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so sooooooooooo adorable...Love this image and the gorgeous lilac colours you have used, the embossing adds that touch of luxuary and I adore the paper lace detail down the edge of the card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Beautiful card, and fabulous design and layout,

    thanks for sharing with us at Secret Crafter: 120 Valentines

    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAbby card Kat, adorable. Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thats lovely those two hedgies are so sweet. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Kat :-) the image is just sooo cute and the colours and sentiment are fab :-)

    I haven't seen a mask stamp/digi ,,, but I will have a look and if I find anything I'll get back to you :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty!

    Thanks for joining our "Valentine" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Kat, love the sweet hedgie image :o) Sorry can't help with the mask problem, hope you get something sorted! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so cute! Thank you so much for entering this in the Allsorts love challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card - love the little hedgies!
    Thanks for sharing the love with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty punch!! Such a cute image too! It made me smile :)

    Thanks so much for entering the SImon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. adorable card Kat! love how you have split the text around the hedgies, and that punched border is so pretty.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card kat...love the embossed background......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. the Embossed hearts truly make the card just pop!!

    THANKS bunches for playing along with the crew at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.