Hi there, hope you like what you see here. Please leave a comment if you like my work - or not! I know lots of you visit so if you leave a comment I'll know who you are and I'll be able to visit you too







Monday, 30 August 2010

Crafty Cardmakers 28 Spotlight Glitter and Sparkles.

Good morning everyone and I hope you're enjoying the Bank Holiday if you have a holiday today. I'm at work just now as I have a day off next week. My last holiday till Christmas. I still have some days off to take which is lucky as I need to have some time off in October to babysit.

The card I have to show you today is for the Crafty Cardmakers challenge. This week is our spotlight week and we would like to see lots of glitter and sparkle. I'm still in Christmas card mode so here's my third in three days! It wasn't easy to photograph so I hope you can make out the details!




I've taken my inspiration from the colours white and silver with a touch of red. I embossed some silver card with the Cuttlebug Holly Ribbons folder and some white with the Swiss Dots folder. I edged the white with silver Stickles. The large snowflake is cut with a Sizzix die using silver card and white glitter card. The small snowflakes are punched. The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and I edged it with a Sakura glitter gel pen. I added some red jewels, white organza ribbon, silver string and a red button from my stash.

I hope you've got time to leave me a quick comment as it's always good to hear what other people think. If you pop over to the Crafty Cardmakers you can see the lovely cards my talented teamies have made. Last weeks' challenge is still on for another week so you might be able to enter it too.

I'd like to enter the Wild Orchid challenge :- Make it Sparkle.


15 comments:

  1. fabulous card Kat! love the silver and white and all that sparkle and shine!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Kat, love all the embossing and your photo really captures the shine :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fabulous and elegant card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the way the holly folder works on silver card. Keep promising myself to get a start on my Christmas cards and as yet not made any, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many textures and all that shine - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with this card. Great sparkle and bling. Very Merry Christmas Gaga!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Kat!! So beautiful! I love the colours of your card, all the embossing and all the sparkle! Great snowflake too! All very elegant! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card Kat, love the silver embossing xx

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Kat, very elegant and pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stylish and elegant card :) Thank you for participating in the WOC challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, great to use a christmas theme and love the little accents of red.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kat,

    What a gorgeous xmas card! I just love the color combo and embossing.

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. I love the two different embossing panels, and such gorgeous clean colours, silver and white with those tiny dots of red ... stunning.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a kind comment. I love to read them and I really appreciate your feedback.